Javascript is required to view this map.

Khan Al-Afrang

Khan Al-Efrang is located in Sidon- Lebanon, built by Prince Fakhr Elddin beginning of the 17th century. It was used as Commercial Centre then a convent and a school for orphanage;  The building consists of two floors with

 The ground floor consists of 36 cells and a stable.The first floor consists of 50 rooms for merchant overlooking the courtyard through a corridor .The building was severely deteriorated by an Earthquake in 1837, then during the attack of the English and Austrian fleet to the city, as well as rain water infiltration.

The khan is now a center for sustainable development: information and documentation centre, youth library, centre for linguistics and cultural folklore activities as well as articraft's center.

Khan Al-Afrang
Khan Al-Afrang

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo


Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail :

© Copyright 1984 - 2024 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage