Javascript is required to view this map.

Bab Zuwayla

Bab Zuwayla defines the southern limits of the Fatimid City. It was built in 1092 to defend the southern limits of the

city of Cairo. The two minarets that spring from the towers belong to the Mosque of al-Mu'ayyad which is located just inside the gate. The inner flanks of the towers near the entrance are decorated with lobed arches. The gate has been cleaned, restored and consolidated.

 

Bab Zuwayla
Bab Zuwayla
Bab Zuwayla

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2018 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage