Javascript is required to view this map.

Az-Zahir Baybars mosque

The mosque is located at the connection between Al-Zaher square and al-Gueish square, Husaniyya area, Cairo. It was founded in 667 A.H./ 1269 A.D. by As-Sultan Az-Zāhir Rukn ad-Dīn Baybars al- Bunduqdārī. The plan is square has 6 aisles parallel to qibla wall, defined by pointed arches on marble column. The minaret had fallen down. 

Az-Zahir Baybars mosque
Az-Zahir Baybars mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2018 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage