Javascript is required to view this map.

Al-Qadi ' Abdalbasit Madrasa

The madrasa is located at al-khurunfish district in Cairo. It was founded in 823 H. /1420 A.D. by Qadi Zainaddin ‘Abd al- Basit, president of the Exchequer. The madrasa built according to cruciform plan consists of an open courtyard surrounded by four Iwans, a public fountain with a Kuttab, with two facades overlooking the road.

Al-Qadi ' Abdalbasit Madrasa
Al-Qadi ' Abdalbasit Madrasa

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2018 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage