Javascript is required to view this map.

Al-Mu’ayyad Mosque

The mosque situated next to Bab Zuwayla in Cairo. It was founded in 823 A.H. /1420 A.D. by Sultan al-Malik al-Muayyad Sheikh al-Mahmudi. The mosque consists of a large sahn surrounded by four iwans ; the mausoleum to the north  is covered by a high dome. The mosque has two minarets built on the towers of Bab Zuwayla . The minarets consist of three storeys; the first two are octagonal in plan, while the third consists of a pavilion on eight marble columns.


Al Mu'ayyad Mosque
Al Mu'ayyad Mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2018 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage