Javascript is required to view this map.

Al-Ma'ini Madrasa

The mosque is located in the city of Damietta. It was founded in 860H./1456 A.D.during Mamluk dynasty. Built by Mohammed ibn Mohammed ibn Mohammed Mo’in addin, al-Farascouri .

The plan is composed of a square courtyard of 13.00 x 13.00 m surrounded by two iwans. The minaret having a square base with three stories. The mausoleum has a square area 4.75x 4.75 m covered by a Dome.                       

 

Al-Ma'ini Madrasa
Al-Ma'ini Madrasa

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2018 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage