Javascript is required to view this map.

Al-Kurdi Madrasa

The School is located at one of the main spine outside Zuwayla Gate. This school was founded by Gamaladdin Mahmoud al-Ustadar ( majordomo). It was founded  in 797H./1394-95 A.D. The plan consists of two Iwans with a Sahn in between; a burial place and student's cells. The minaret has three storeys; the first and second are circular while the third has eight marble columns on circular pedestals which carrying on the top three rows of stalactites.  

Al-Kurdi Madrasa
Al-Kurdi Madrasa

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2018 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage