Javascript is required to view this map.

Al-Harithi mosque

The mosque is located at al-Mahalla al-Kobra – Gharbiyya Governorate- lower Egypt. It was founded originally by Abul-Abbas al- Harithi. The existing mosque is new founded 1941 , it is composed of a courtyard covered by an octagonal lantern surrounded by four riwaqs. The minaret goes back to 945 A.H./1538 A.D.; it is composed of a square shaft and three stories; the second and the third are octagonal topped with rows of stalactites.

Al-Harithi mosque
Al-Harithi mosque

Center for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage  

Egypt - Headquarter

85, Ramsis Street, (P.O.Box: 764)
11511 Cairo, Egypt

Tel  : +20 2 2575.2495 / 2577.6122
Fax : +20 2 2574.8872
Mail : info@ciah.biz

Germany - Representation Office

Cockerillstr. 100
52222 Stolberg, Germany

Tel  : +49 2402 12750.2000
Fax : +49 2402 12750.2900
Mail : office@ciah.eu


© Copyright 1984 - 2018 Centre for Conservation & Preservation of Islamic Architectural Heritage